Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam!

Today was Clay's first (real) day as a Sunbeam! (Sunday school for 3 and 4 year olds). This morning I dressed him in his full desert sand coloured suit (mom forgot to take a picture!!!!). He looked dashing! He insisted on buckling his own belt which he did successfully. *sigh*. I combed his hair, used a little hair gel and put on his clip on tie. After that he looked in mirror, stared for a moment, and the cutest expression came across his face like he was just given the biggest compliment on his looks and was slightly embarrassed but very pleased. He said, "Mom, do I look perfect?" What a doll.
He LOVED Sunbeams! He has three other kids in his class and a great teacher. They learned about Moses today and how he was sent in a "basket boat" down the river and rescued. He loved making the crafts, singing and learning. I'm so happy for and so proud of our little Sunbeam.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my HEAVENS!! A SUNBEAM!!! That's so crazy. Way to go Clay boy!! And I wish we could have seen you looking so perfect in your handsome suit! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I bet he was adorable! Get a picture next time, toddlers in ties is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture it! And yay! He's finally in Primary....big step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big step. I can just picture Clay looking in the mirror....What a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete